Loire Valley Wines was looking to increase awareness of its wine varietals and regions within the wine drinking demographic in the United States. In order to achieve these goals and after extensive market research it was determined that Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram should be their social networks of choice. Their goals were:
- To communicate with wine consumers.
- Increase awareness of Loire Valley Wines.
- Drive traffic to their website.
- Increase attendance to Loire Valley Wine hosted events.
The social media campaign was built upon a mix of viral “meme” content, educational information, and engaging posts. Milestones achieved are as followed:
- Built a following on Millennial women in the USA (Chicago, New York, Houston, Los Angeles, and Miami).
- Went from 0-4000 Geo-targeted Instagram followers in 5 months.
- Increased social media traffic to the Loire Valley Wines website by an average of 15% month over month.
- Loire Valley Wines ranked 2nd in terms of targeted followers on Twitter and Instagram when compared to all other French wine regions using the network and had the 2nd highest Klout score at 61 (well above the industry standard of 40).